It provides you with details about the types of personal data that we collect from you, how we use your personal data and the rights you have to control our use of your personal data. This policy applies regardless of how the Website is accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which Almax Security Chains Ltd make the Website available to you.
Who we are
Almax Security Chains Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as updated from time to time, and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
When contacting us, please remember to quote your name and contact
details along with any Almax customer number or correspondence reference you may have.
The personal data we collect about you
When you make purchases from Almax (including purchases made over the phone or via this Website) we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your name;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone), fax and e-mail details;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- where you place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and shopping preferences; and
- your browsing and shopping activities.
How we may store and use your information
Almax (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this Website available to you;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us;
- for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity; and
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
Your payment card details are not stored by us, payments are handled through one of our secure payment partners, (SagePay or PayPal) in order to complete any purchase that you make through this Website.
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal data to any third party, save for any disclosures of your personal data detailed in this policy.
We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
2. To enable Almax to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure.
Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Almax asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified above.
Updates to this policy
If you have any questions please contact us.